Thursday, August 20, 2009

It won't be long...

Summer's end is nearing. Before I know it I'll be back to work and life will be structured once again. No more staying up late or sleeping in to my heart's content. No more widdling away the day with crafting, swinging on the porch swing, just putzing. Our next few weekend's are pretty full, which is sort of a bummer...

I wanted to take a leisurely drive to Lake Michigan this summer still. Play in the waves, picnic on the beach. Brad wants to go camping one more time. Just the two of us, much to Noah's dismay. I don't think there is time this summer, but maybe in September we can camp. ~

Even though I hate to see summer come to an end. I absolutely thrive in Autumn! It's really my time of year. I seem to always be in good spirits and find it a time of great inspiration. I love slipping into a soft sweater and jeans, hiking though the colorful woods, pumpkins on my porch steps, hot apple cider, decorating my home, the smell of wood smoke, watching the squirrels getting ready for winter. Autumn will be welcomed!

More free vintage images, help yourself to these bathing beauties.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Autumn is my time too... Ahhh...

But you're so right. As the dog days come to a close, it seems we must say goodbye to relaxed living.

Better enjoy those "Country Time Lemonade" moments now, huh?

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I love those vintage images!

Autumn is my very favorite season, too! Even the lamplight streaming out of the windows at night looks festive in autumn; cozy and happy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin